Every Sunrise Holds the Promise of a New Day The sun appears to “rise” on the horizon, but it’s really the Earth twisting to the left on its axis, rolling toward the East. As Daylight Savings Time ends and we enter the months of short days and long nights, it’s even more precious to stop and take a few minutes to watch the sunrise. Photo: Ilona Ryder Then come on out to the Beaumont 50+ Club! The coffee’s on, the cookies are out, and friendly faces welcome you. “Socializing not only staves off feelings of loneliness, but also it helps sharpen memory and cognitive skills, increases your sense of happiness and well-being, and may even help you live longer” (Mayo Clinic article). Weekly Club Activities Daily Access Fee: Members $2, Non-Members $4 Coffee Club: Mon. to Sat. 9 - 11 a.m. Cribbage & Pool: Mon. to Sat. 9 - 11 a.m. Canasta: Mon. 1 pm Donna 780-929-3585 Pickleball: Tues./Thurs. 9-11 am Tina 780-914-8880 Exercise: Mon./Wed. 11-12 Jeannette 780-737-1018 (cancelled Mon. Nov. 20) Bridge: Tues./Thurs. 1 - 3:30 pm Mona 780-929-1253 Bingo: Wed. 7:30 pm Everyone welcome! Floor Curling: Wed. 1:15 and 2:30 p.m. Doug 1-825-474-2374 Darts & Pool: Fri. 7 pm John A. 1-250-715-6986 Quirky Quilters: Bi-weekly Thurs. 7 p.m. Next one Nov.16 Audrey 780-929-8212 For more information, contact Norm Morris: phone 1-403-586-9935, email email@example.com and check out the Activities Calendar on the website https://www.beaumontseniors.net/ Next Sunday Brunch December 3rd *Members $15 Non-Members $17* Board of Directors 2023
EXECUTIVE Bill Daneluik President 587-357-5206 John Atherton Vice-President 1-250-715-6986 Linda CustTreasurer 1-403-304-7415
Barb WillisSecretary 780-929-8932
Hall Rentals: Terry Ellis 587-988-9598 Transportation: Yash Sharma 780-200-0246 Newsletter: Ilona Ryder firstname.lastname@example.org DIRECTORS George Brademann780-929-5859Norm Morris1-403-586-9935Vic Hankey780-975-6556Olga Janzen780-440-9406Yash Sharma780-200-0246Barry Girvan780-929-6677Robert (Rob) Huggan780-718-2622Greg Vera587-434-9311
Club Membership: Annual membership fee is only $25 per person. Contact Pat 587-474-9444
Volunteers Needed for BINGO positions: Admission/cashier, Concession, Bonanza seller/bingo checker, Paymaster. Contact Angela Vincent, 780 868 3519
Announcements – *see posters/schedules for details*
· *New* Thrifty Twoonie Tuesday: Bring items to donate or $2 to buy. First one will be on Tuesday, Nov. 7 – Books and Puzzles …
· Friday, Nov. 17 Music Jam 1-3pm
· Monday, Nov.20, Birthday cake 10. Health Needs Assessment Survey 10:30 - 12
· Friday, Nov. 24 Pot Luck Supper and Games Night. Arrive 5 pm; meal 6 pm
Support Our Bus - *see schedules for details*
· Weekly Thursday shopping trip for all 50+ Beaumont residents. For home pickup, call Colette anytime until Wed. 5:30 pm (new number780-996-3043) Next trip Nov. 9 Walmart Millwoods
· For the monthly Wednesday River Cree Casino trips, pick-up is at Place Beauséjour. Call Sandy 780-984-0854. Next casino trip is Nov. 22
Beyond the Club
· Tuesday, November 14, 1-2 pm. Beaumont Library Seniors Corner. Stories from Drive Happiness. Registration encouraged (780) 929-2665) but drop-ins are welcome.
· Paid position City of Beaumont. Public skate monitor. Contact Tina Connoly 587-882-2836.
Lest We Forget
In 1921, the Great War Veterans' Association, the largest of several Canadian veterans’ groups, adopted the poppy as a symbol of remembrance. The Canadian Legion, formed in 1925, continued this connection. The poppy was worn on the left lapel and close to the heart to recognize the sacrifice of soldiers in times of war.
November 11 is Support your local poppy drive.